Attention Federal Employees:
Did you know that three of our deaf financial advisors have received specialized training in federal employee benefits? They each have obtained the Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant (ChFEBCSM) designation after completing extensive training courses giving them the knowledge needed to advise federal employees on their benefits. Some examples of the services we can provide are:
- Reviewing your existing elections as well as other options that may be available to help maximize your benefits according to your specific needs
- Explain the difference between the TSP fund options and how they operate and assist in choosing TSP allocations to fit your risk tolerance, objectives, and time horizon
- Assisting with completing the Federal retirement forms booklet for those who are ready to submit their retirement application including:
- Explaining the CSRS/FERS retirement pension benefit elections and assisting in determining which option would best fit your needs
- Explaining the FEGLI life insurance options (no reduction, 50% reduction 75% reduction) and assisting in determining which option would best fit your needs
We do not charge for federal employee benefits consultations. Being a full-service financial planning firm, we may make recommendations to fill any gaps in coverage with other products or services that may have other costs associated with them. For example, if you have already maximized your federal life insurance benefits and it is determined that the amount of coverage is still not sufficient, we may make a recommendation to purchase additional private insurance which would have a cost associated with the premiums. However, there is no obligation to follow those recommendations and we still do not charge for the consultations.
Whether you recently joined Federal service and want to learn more about the benefits available to you, or if you are ready to retire, or anywhere in between, we are here to help give a thorough understanding of your benefits as well as strategies for maximizing them. If you are interested, please contact us.